Kailash Mansarovar Yatra by Overland -13 Days
Mount Kailash (6714m), The farmed holy peak in west of Tibet. Mt. Kailash has long been an object of worship for four Major religious, for Hindu, it is domain of Shiva, It is also the abode of samvara-a multiarmed, wrathful deity worshipped in the chakrasamvara Tantric cycle of Tibetrian Buddhism. The joins of India also reverse the mountain as the site at which the first of their saints emancipated. And in the ancient Bon religion of Tibet, Kailash was the secred nine storeys Swastika Mountain, upon which the Banpo founder Shenrab alighted from haven. The 53 Km. Kailash circuit is the holist of all-Hindu as well as Buddist pilgrimages and the beacon, which draws most traveller to western Tibet. It is said that a single Parikarma erases the accumulated sins of a lifetime, while 108cicurmbulation will achieve Salvation.
Sprawling below Mount Kailash is the sacred lake Manasarovar (4580m), where ritual bath will deliver a pilgrim to brahm's paradise and drink of its water relinquishes the sins of a hundred lifetimes.
ITINERARY : HOLY KAILASH MANASAROVAR YATRA BY OVERLAND - 13 DAYS
Day 01: Katmandu (1300 mts.) Arrival, our representative will meet at the airport and escort to the Hotel, Program briefing at the evening, dinner, overnight stay in Katmandu.
Day 02: Katmandu - Early morning optional Himalayan mountain flight tour. After breakfast start to Katmandu sightseeing including Pashupatinath and Budha Nikanth Darshan, back to hotel and rest of the day is free for shopping and packing, overnight stay in Katmandu.
Day 03: Katmandu to Nyalam (3700 mts. - 160kms.) - This is the first day of the Yatra. Very early with pack breakfast depart from Katmandu to China border by reserved tourist coach. It takes about 05 hours. Our agent will complete custom formalities and check into Tibet - an autonomous part of China. After lunch drive to a small Tibetan town called Nyalam. Overnight stay at Guest House. Breakfast and dinner in camp side and packed lunch will be provided prepare by our escorts.
Day 04: Nyalam Full day acclimatization - Full day free for excursion of Nyalam city.
Day 05: Nyalam to Dongba/ Paryang (4500mts. - 375kms) - After breakfast drive from Nylam to Dongba for about 08:00 hours. Overnight stay at Guesthouse.
Day 06: Dongba/Paryang (4500mts. - 335kms) to Mansarovar - After breakfast drive from Dongba to Mansarovar 07:00 hours. Conducting Mansarovar Parikrama by vehicle. This is the first day stay at the bank of the Manasarovar Lake. This is the first day stay at the bank of the Manasarovar Lake, Overnight stay at Guesthouse.
Day 07: Mansarovar to Darchen (4600mts. - 110kms.) - We will choose the special point to take dip in Manasarovar Lake and conducting Pooja, hawan and spiritual activities according to your tradition. Drive around 2.30 hrs to Darchen and overnight stay at Guesthouse. Astapad excursion can be done at extra cost.
Day 08: Darchen to Diraphuk (4890mts. - 12kms.) - This is the first day of Kailash Parikrama. We should start our journey after breakfast as early as possible. This day we drive up to yumdwari and start walking continuously for about 6 to 7 hours. Horse can be hired at extra cost those who cannot walk. Yak will carry the kitchen untensils and equipment. Overnight stay at mud house or tent on the basis of availability.
Day 09: Diraphuk to Zhulthulphuk (4790mts. - 22kms.) - This day is bit complex journey and we have to pass Dolma-La Pass, which is 5400 meter in hight, The weather is unpredictable in Doma-la Pass and at any time snowstorm can fall. So we try to start our journey as early as possible. In route we can have Darshan of Gaurikund but it is very difficult to go and touch. Overnight stay at mud house or tent on the basis of availability.
Day 10: Zhulthulphuk to Paryang - We will Trek down to Darchen, catch our vehicle and Drive to Mansarovar fill up spiritual jaal, later our tour starts back for Kathmandu following the same route and same system applies for all subjects of our accommodation and meal Overnight stay at guesthouse in Paryang.
Day 11: Paryang to Nyalam - Drive back to Nyalam, which is the last stay in Tibet part.
Day 12: Nyalam to Katmandu - After custom formalities we will be picked up by Nepal side and continue drive to Kathmandu for about 05.00 hours and check in at Hotel.
Day 13: Morning check out hotel, transfer to airport, catch flight for next Destination.
Options for early departure or you use your extra day for Himalayan mountain flight, Manakamana road trip, or Muktinath tour. (Contact Asia Explore Adventure & Travel for more information about option day trip at additional cost) .
Kailash Manasarovar Yatra by Overland - 13 Days
Fixed Departure Dates by Overland
|April||22, 29 (Full moon trip)|
|May||06, 13, 20, 27 (Full moon trip), 29|
|June||03, 10, 17, 23, 26 (Full moon trip)|
|July||01, 08, 15, 22, 26 (Full moon trip)|
|August||05, 12, 19 (Outer & Inner Kora trip), 24 (Full moon trip)|
|September||02, 09, 16, 23 (Full moon trip)|
- Highlighted dates are full moon trip to Kailash Mansarovar Yatra.
- The Yatris for Lhasa - Kailash Tour should arrive in Kathmandu, 01 Day earlier than above mentioned date.
- Tibet entry date is 3rd day of Kathmandu arrival.
Cost on Per Person Basis
|13 Days Package by Deluxe Bus Safari||
INR 117777.00 for Indian passport holder
|Upgrade 5 star hotel on twin sharing basis.||
INR 5500.00 Per person
|Extra days in Kathmandu on 3 star hotel (If 5 star Hotel, Cost will be extra.)||
INR 2500.00 Per person
INR 7500.00 Per person
INR 2500 .00 Per person
ESTIMATE FOR ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Horse for personal ride on kora days is approx USD 350.00
- Extra ride for day trip to Astapad USD 55.00 per person
- Extra day in Kathmandu USD 45.00 for with 2 meals and accommodations.
- USD 55.00 for Manakamana day trip including both way cable car tickets and transportation.
- Muktinath and Manakamana day trip USD 555.00 per person including two nights in Pokhara, one night Jomsom round trip flight with meal, transport.
- Arrival & departure transportation
- Sightseeing tour of Pashupatinath and Budhanilkantha.
- 3 nights 3 star hotel at Kathmandu on twin sharing basis with all meals
- Transfer to Kodari by tourist bus
- Tibet side: accommodation in decent hotel/tents
- While camping we provide two-man tents, mattresses, sleeping bag & camping equipments like dining & toilet tents
- Pure vegetarian meals prepare by our escort.
- A/C coach/ Japanese land cruisers (4WD) & support trucks
- English speaking Tibetan guide
- Nepali tour leader
- Gamow bag, oxygen, basic first-aid kit.
- Kailash permit & normal Tibet/China visa fee.
- Kodari land tax.
- Airfares from Home - Kathmandu - Home
- All beverages, Photography charges and Telephone calls
- Travel Insurance of clients
- Emergency evacuation expenses.
- Riding Yak/Horse for Kailash Parikrama (direct payable to Yak/horse herder)
- Extra cost in the event of landslide for hiring additional transportation
- Expenses of personal urgent visa fee etc & Services other than specified
MODEL OF PAYMENTS
- 20 days prior to tour departure date, 100% of the total cost should reach Asia Explore Adventure & Travel Pvt. Ltd account by telex transfer with the copy of passport of client.
TOUR CANCELLATION POLICY
- All notice of cancellation must be sent to our office in written. Verbal cancellations will not be entertained.
- 20 days before trip departure 10% of total trip cost.
- 15 days before trip departure 50% of total trip cost.
- 10 days before trip departure 90% of total trip cost.
- 07 days and less departure 100% of total trip cost.
IMPORTANT PRE-DEPARTURE INFORMATION:
Casual wears and comfortable walking shoes are recommended to travel to Tibet. Be sure to bring warm clothing as nights and early mornings can be quite chilly to downright cold. Indian woman Pilgrims strictly advisable no Sari. Bring all the film, medicine, cosmetics, personal toilet items etc. that you will need from home as these are difficult if not impossible to obtain on the way. A small first aid kit is also a good idea. Also quite useful to have a route map, to know where you are going and have been each day.
What to take:
Winter wear: Gore-Tex material though expensive is highly recommended. Down jacket, raincoat or windbreakers, thermal under wears, Jackets, warm trousers & woolen shirts (cotton will also do), warm sweaters, woolen gloves, sun hat, sun glass, comfortable shoes, light leather boots in case of snow, woolen balaclava ('monkey cap') & scarf/dust mask to protect your eyes & nose from dust.
Bring with you:
Snacks along the way. Chocolates, dry fruit, toffees, glucose; 'namkeen' etc. Strong water bottle & water purifying tablets. Personal medical kit and Diamox tablet (for high altitude). Sun glasses (to protect your eyes from UV, which is especially strong in high altitudes). Sun block or sun screen lotion, wet tissues (Fresh-ones are excellent to wipe off the dust), clothes-line/clips, needle & thread, deo-spray (handy for smelly boots/feet and for a round of spray in the toilet tent!), toilet paper, torch & spare batteries, daypack (small shoulder bag), Camera & films, Binocular.
This is one of the toughest high altitude road journeys on earth. You Must be physically fit - no two ways about that. Generally patients with asthma & heart problems have a problem acclimatizing to high altitudes. In your interests it is essential you should be examined by your doctor to know about your health condition and your ability to cope up with the rigors of high altitude travel for days in 'no road' conditions, extreme cold, dust, trekking to an altitude of 19500ft during the Parikrama, etc.
As you are traveling over high terrain, you are likely to experience symptoms and discomfort of altitude sickness (headache, loss of appetite, nausea, exhaustion, sleeplessness, breathlessness etc.) until your body adjusts to the elevation. This can take a couple of days or more depending on an individual. For this reason alone, we have made it mandatory to stay 2 nights at Nylam (12000ft) before moving on to the higher altitudes. Drink plenty of water, be calm, and do not exercise. Do not drink alcohol or smoke prior to and during the tour. We also recommend you carry a strip of diamox tablets. Do consult your physician on the dosage. We provide Gamow bag (a special equipment to prevent sickness from high altitude) on this tour.
The unit of Chinese currency is Yuan. USD 1 = 6.00 Yuan. 1 Yuan = INR 10.00 approx, Money can exchange at Bank of China at Zhangmu or from the locals at Zhangmu or Kodari. Exchange all your remaining Yuan at the end of the trip at Zhangmu itself before re-entering Nepal.
Risks & Liability:
Asia Explore Adventure & Travel Pvt. Ltd and its associates will put every effort to make your journey smooth and pleasant. However, all the tours in Tibet are conduct strictly under the rules & regulation of Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB). Therefore, Asia Explore Adventure & Travel Pvt. Ltd and its counterpart shall not be responsible for any change and alteration in the program due to unavoidable circumstances such as landslide, road blockage, flood, snow, political unrest, cancellation of flight, delay arrival, delay issue of permit and visa, sickness or accidents. Any extra cost incurred thereof shall be borne by the clients on the spot.
The following general rules should be obtained by the Clients/Agency to apply special permit and visa to travel in Tibet.
- Tibet is Autonomous region of China. So you will not get the special permit and Visa for Tibet directly In your country. You have to proceed for permit and Visa for Tibet through our Agency.
- We must receive scan copy of your passport at least 15 days prior to arrival in gateway cities (Kathmandu or Chengdu or any other Chinese cities). Passport must be same and valid for more than 6 months.
- Those entering Tibet via gateway city of Kathmandu , Nepal , must spend at least 2 nights to issue Tibet visa in one of the visa working days i.e. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, client must plan to arrive Kathmandu accordingly if they have limited time. They will also require to bring 2 passport size photos. We shall send client "Chinese embassy visa form" well in advance to be fill up by each client which can either sent to us by email or can be collected upon arrival.
- Except few trips, most of the trips can start from China mainland entering Tibet via gateway city of Chengdu either via train or by air. In this case Client must obtain Chinese visa in their home country and we will organize Tibet permit and handover it through our agent in one of the cities in China before entering Tibet Autonomous region.
- Chinese visa will be valid for China mainland only, do not bring Chinese visa if you are entering via Tibet Autonomous region.
- We supply detail information and briefing upon arrival.
- Kodari Border near Zangmu from Kathmandu
- Through Golmud road to Amdo
- Purang from Simikot
- Kathmandu to Lhasa
- Inner Parikrama means parikrama of Nandi Parvat and the outer parikrama means parikrama of Kailash Parvat. The regular Overland and Helicopter is actually only outer Parikrama which is easy to complete. However, for Inner Parikrama, it takes longer and it is quite challenging.
- There will one Sherpa for every 5-6 persons. Our group size is minimum 25 persons. Our maximum size depends, since sometimes many people want to go with popular Swami together, or listen to Bhagwat Katha, do pooja lead by popular Guruji
- Nepal Side: We will provide a decent transportation by non-AC Touris Bus.
- Tibet Side: It will based on your selection, however, we recommend by AC Coach for best value and save money.
- By Jeep : More expensive (Additional 15,000 than AC Coach rate). You will be traveling with few other members.
Please use any of following bank accounts for your convenience.
Telegraphic transfer to Asia Explore Adventure & Travel Pvt. Ltd.
||Asia Explore Adventure & Travel Pvt. Ltd.|
|Current A/C (USD)||:||01904427150011|
|Paying Bank||:||Himalayan Bank Limited
Kantipath, Kathmandu, Nepal.
|Beneficiary||:||Asia Explore Adventure & Travel Pvt. Ltd.|
|Current A/C (NPR)||:||0101010006756|
|Paying Bank||:||Global IME Bank Limited
Kantipath, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Please ask your bank to advise payment to either Bank by authenticated Tested Telex message. Use one of the bank above with correct company address.
- Whether you transfer money to Himalayan Bank under Asia Explore Adventure and Travel
- During transfer, the transfer service charges are sender's responsibility, please make sure we could receive the actual amount invoiced with your bank.
- TO ENSURE YOUR TRANSFER ACCURACY, Any inefficient or inaccurate transfer may delay the reservation procedures. Deposit are required to guarantee at time of reservation.
- To avoide high transfer service charges, you can made payments by Credit Card (we accept all credit cards) at anytime.
Is Asthapad included in our Yatra?
- Any Helicopter Tour
- Inner Parikrama
- Regular Overland Tour
- CIPSC (China Indian Pilgrims’ Service Center) has a monopoly over the rights to handle travel arrangements & fix rates for the Indian pilgrims in Tibet side.
- Samrat Tours & Travels Pvt. Ltd and its associates will put every effort to make your journey smooth and pleasant. However, all the tours in Tibet are conduct strictly under the rules & regulation of Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB). Therefore, Its counterpart shall not be responsible for any change and alteration in the program due to unavoidable circumstances such as landslide, road blockage, flood, snow, political unrest, cancellation of flight, delay arrival, delay issue of permit and visa, sickness or accidents. Any extra cost incurred thereof shall be borne by the clients on the spot.
- Sleeping Bag down with inside extra cove
- Down Jacket, Polar fleece, Light quilted.
- Pure wool and thick cotton socks
- Thermal underwear (Inner-full fitting) wool or mixed combination.
- Wool pullovers-polo neck, Flannel shirts.
- Warm light gloves, Snowcap(with ear covering)
- Wool monkey cap, Sun hats & scarves.
- Comfortable Trekking boots and Sandals
- Sun / Snow glasses
- Towels-including small hand towel.
- Hot water bottle.
- Light Trek bag (for camera, and very essential things.) and duffel bag to keep your personal belongings.
- Rain coat with hood.
- Ladies can select other clothing materials as per her interest.
- Torch with spare cells & bulbs
- Video camera: - as per the interest.
- Plastic mug/whistle.
- Swiss knife ( multi purpose)
- First aid box / personal medicine
- Walking stick
- Indian Rupees are not accepted in Tibet. We will exchange the amount to Yuan (Chinese Currency) for you upon your arrival.
- The official Chinese currency used by the Tibetans is circulated in denominations (notes) of 1,2,5,10,100 Yuan, 1,2 and 5 jiao and coins of 1,2 and 5 fen. 1 Yuan is equivalent to 10 jiao or approximately INR 8. It is advisable to carry Chinese Yuan to avoid unhealthy rates and futile bargaining at the Kodari Border or at Zhangmu.
- The unit of Chinese currency is Yuan. USD 1 = 6.00 Yuan. 1 Yuan = INR 10.00 approx, Money can exchange at Bank of China at Zhangmu or from the locals at Zhangmu or Kodari. Exchange all your remaining Yuan at the end of the trip at Zhangmu itself before re-entering Nepal.
"Notice Please read carefully this terms and conditions"
If due to really true emergency you are unable to come or continue in the trek or rafting you have chosen to join, there will be some cancellation charges. That what constitutes a true emergency case is interpreted at Asia Explore Adventure & Travel Pvt. Ltd discretion. Please be aware of these conditions such as Dysentery, Giardia diarrhea are commonplaces in East and South Asia and such are not classified as emergencies.
Bookings: Filling out our on-line booking form, or print the booking form and filling out and make a reservations, by fax. We contact you by E-mail as soon as your form is received to define the procedures following this step and to confirm the availability on the tour you have chosen with us. All participants booking one of our regular or tailor made tours must read and fully understand our policies and booking conditions. Representing 25% deposit of the total sales price must accompany all bookings. The balance must be entirely paid 30 days prior to the departure date. To guarantee a booking made 30 days or less before the departure date we request the entire payment of the total sale's price at once. Under no circumstances will there be a refund of any kind, if you do not turn up trip departure, or if you leave a trip for any reason, either voluntarily or involuntarily, after the trip has commenced.
Cancellation: In the event of cancellation by the travel 7 days prior to departure 50% of the total amount paid will not be refundable. Passed the 7th day there will be no refund. If we have not received a balance due at the 29th day preceding a departure, we can cancel the booking. If we are in the obligation to cancel a trip for any reason, the participants will be completely refunded without any possibility of further indemnity. Cancellation of a trip made by the client does not entitle s/him to a refund of any kind. The date of cancellation is the date on which Asia Explore Adventure & Travel Pvt. Ltd receives a written notice of cancellation by the travel that who has made the booking. If any transfer to an alternative departure date, will charge US15 or Euro 10 per person.
Asia Explore Adventure & Travel Pvt. Ltd undertakes to provide you with the trip as outlined in your itinerary. However, as we cannot pre-determine weather conditions, political and other factors beyond our control, and bearing in minds your safety and enjoyment, we reserve the right to adjust the trip itinerary as required. The raft/trek leader in consultation with the staff and trip participants will decide on these adjustments. The raft/trek leader's decision will be final.
I have read all thoroughly and fully understood the information of trip. The itinerary and all other written material issued by Asia Explore Adventure & Travel Pvt. Ltd for the trip I have applied to join and I am competent and willing to cope with the situations, circumstances and conditions made clear in the printed material. I agree and recognize that the realities made clear in the written information reflect the intrinsic characteristics of adventure travel and not least the matters of flexibility. Adaptability, reasonableness, practical personal contribution to lifestyle en-route and the fact that not all situations, circumstances and conditions subsequently encountered are identical to those pre-existing and prevailing at the time of booking.
I also recognize that I am undertaking a journey that contains a significant element of personal risk, and that risk does sometime become a reality. I acknowledge the relative remoteness, the rough traveling and weather conditions, the limited and relatively primitive medical and other services available, as well as the greater potential dangers compared with my usual daily life at back home, or conventional holiday travel. Not only do I accept the realities. I have chosen to seek them out. I recognize Asia Explore Adventure & Travel Pvt. Ltd Nepal's responsibility to me and I accept these authority and decision of Asia Explore Adventure & Travel Pvt. Ltd and its representatives in respect to the journey that I have applied to Join with them.
Mt. Kailash (6714m) is the most sacred mountain in Asia. It is believed to be the physical embodiment of the mythical Mt Meru, said to be the center...
Mt. Kailash, the sacred mountain and the abode of the Hindu god Shiva is one of the world's greatest pilgrimage destinations especially for Hindus, Buddhist...
Mount Kailash (6714m) , The farmed holy peak in west of Tibet . Mt. Kailash has long been an object of worship for four Major religious, for Hindu...
Mt. Kailash (6714m), Asia's most sacred mountain, is located in a high and isolated enclave of West Tibet. It is one of three pilgrimages....
Tibet is a rich and beautiful land with an average altitude over 4,000m (13,120ft) above sea level...
Fmed as the Roof of the World, TIBET has fascinated humanity for centuries. This land beyond the mighty Himalayas...
Tibet : For thousands of years, Tibet lay under the ancient Sea of Tethys . Eighty million years ago, India crashed into Asia...
The trip starts with drive from Kathmandu through the friendship bridge. After completion of the immigration formalities...
A trip to Tibet is not for the faint hearted; the travelling can be hard, adventurous and often unpredictable...
This is the story about one of the most impressive moments we have ever witnessed anywhere...
If you are planning for the Holy Yatra, you should be aware that it is rigorous and challenging trip where we have to spend...